Been pretty busy but good news is I’m now training with 180LB for squats
Up from 90LB at beginning of training
up from 155LB at beginning of tryouts
Sending all you lovely people some love
had to shake off the rust for this one, coming back to play for the team that I lost with last game (the “practice game” so I knew it would be a challenge going in.
First period was when the two beat me, the first one was a rebound that hit a player in front and went right to the slot—played him pretty far back and he potted it down low on the post. Tied it up then toward the end of the period a shot from the bottom on the circle beat me glove high.
Second period was my favourite, we got the equalizer and I made a nice diving stop where I made the first and second save then the rebound went out opposite side and I dove over and got my blocker on it—very Rask-esque.
Third period held it down and we got a nice little garbage goal to go ahead.
Overall about 30 shots faced—not too shabby.
Calling this a practice game for 3 reasons
1. I was called 45 minutes ahead to fill in (wasn’t my team)
2. We had 6 guys versus a whole bench
3. It was a free agent team so some of the guys shouldn’t have been at that level
Basically the whole game was in our end so I didn’t feel too bad. I let in two goals that stung though a fluttering wrister that went top shelf I should’ve had and one under my blocker arms, always a problem. But for the amount of pressure I faced I felt great—wanted more, normally when you’re on the verge of a blow-out you count down the minutes till the end of the game. But I was moving really well and stopping all of the 2-on-1’s and cross crease passes.
If I was playing as much as I was int he summer I could’ve stolen that game and it makes me want to play every day till I reach that point and beyond.
Good game overall.
Got the first goal score on me because I wasn’t really moving in warm up and got caught on a 2-on-1 and the guy slid it far side, could’ve had it.
Game went tied into the third at the 18:02 minute left mark our best player got injured which kind of deflated our team—one 2-on-0 and 3-on-2 later (minutes apart, killed me) and the game was 3-1.
Got one back, but the other team squeaked on short side, he fake the pass, I bit just enough to open up some space between the arms.
Overall not too bad, our bench was about half of their so our guys were gassed by midway through the second, wish i could have the 4th one back but the rest were decent goals, made a few nice saves too, feel really good about my mobility.
- semester has been crazy so I haven’t been posting much
- have a 4 week lull between “hell weeks” at school, going to get AT LEAST 1 training session in
- won my first game 4-2, over 30 shots on goal - felt lovely
- our team has two goalies though so I only play once every 3 weeks, not ideal
- I play back to back games tomorrow night though so I’m very happy:)
- my mom MIGHT be getting me a new glove that matches my pads and actually has a deep pocket for Christmas and I literally cannot wait